Meet the Samsung Galaxy Camera. A complete camera with all the expected bells and whistles you would find on a compact camera, paired with a complete Android operating system. With one cool addition. Unlike the Nikon mentioned above, this camera has a 3G/4G cellular antennae to pair with the built in WiFi connection.
The only thing missing, and I personally think that will be the next step, as an actual a voice plan option. However, with the full Android operating system, you can still use apps like the Skype app for video calling across a 3G/4G or WiFi connection. Yes the camera has a speaker and microphone. You would need one to capture 1080p HD video, right?
Here is the specs...
- 1.4 GHz quad-core processor
- 8GB built in storage, support for microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC
- 4.8-inch capacitive touchscreen HD Super Clear Touch Display
- 16.3 megapixel BSI sensor
- 23mm equivalent F/2.8 lens with 21x optical zoom
- ISO settings: Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- Mobile data: 3G (HSPA+ 21 Mbps) and 4G capable: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
- A-GPS, GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.0
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 1,650 mAh battery
- Smart content manager
- Photo wizard
- Video wizard
- Best group pose
- Voice control option
- Auto cloud backup
- Slow motion video
- S Planner, S Suggest
- Support for AllShare Play, Family Story, Dropbox