first announced back in August, it set a new milestone for point and shoot cameras. The idea of a point and shoot camera with it's own 4G ability to instantly stream photos across the net, combined with the bazillion Android camera apps available across the internet, was another step forward in their necessary evolution.
After all, smart phones with their built in and ever improving cameras, are rapidly encroaching on the point and shoot market share with consumers.
Well yesterday we learned that you will soon be able to purchase one of these right off the ATT website, and at local ATT stores nation wide.
Before you ask, despite the fact that it is 4G capable, no you cannot make a phone call from it. But there is strong indication you could carry a Skype conversation with the free Skype app.
Here is what the camera comes packed with...
- 1.4 GHz quad-core processor
- 8GB built in storage, support for microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC
- 4.8-inch capacitive touchscreen HD Super Clear Touch Display
- 16.3 megapixel BSI sensor
- 23mm equivalent F/2.8 lens with 21x optical zoom
- ISO settings: Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200
- Mobile data: 3G (HSPA+ 21 Mbps) and 4G capable: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
- A-GPS, GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.0
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 1,650 mAh battery
- Smart content manager
- Photo wizard
- Video wizard
- Best group pose
- Voice control option
- Auto cloud backup
- Slow motion video
- S Planner, S Suggest
- Support for AllShare Play, Family Story, Dropbox