A wired shutter release goes for about $5 on Amazon, a wireless goes for about $30. THIS little thing goes for $29 for the module that plugs into your camera, and another $10 for the app that goes on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device. Although that price is often considerably less. In fact, right now as I write this, the app is currently free. That puts it right in the same ball park for all the features that can be found in units for $200 or more. Crazy, right?
The list of features and capabilities that this thing can do, all controlled through your smart device, is extensive. Here is just a few cool ones....
- Multiple Timelapse functions: Use Triggertrap as a basic intervalometer for timelapse capture, or get extra creative: Bulb Ramping Timelapse enables seamless sunrise/sunset timelapses, HDR timelapse lets you combine the power of HDR and timelapses, and finally, TimeWarp, a feature unique to Triggertrap, uses algorithms developed for animation to create more dynamic and natural-looking timelapses.
- Sensor Controls: Leverages the smart device’s on-board sensors to release the shutter; Sound Sensor Mode uses the microphone to trigger at a set audio level, Seismic Mode fires based on vibrations, bumps or knocks, and Metal & Magnetism Sensor Mode can be used to fire the shutter in their presence
- Facial recognition: Takes a photo once Triggertrap detects the programmed number of faces in the frame
- Multiple HDR Capture Modes: Provides expanded control over bracketed exposures for Long Exposure HDR, or automates Long Exposure HDR Timelapse capture
- DistanceLapse: Unique to Triggertrap, this mode relies on the smart device’s on-board GPS chip to fire the shutter over pre-determined distances
- Motion detection mode: Triggers camera whenever motion is detected in the frame
- Star trail mode: Allows external cameras to automatically take a series of long exposures in sequence to reduce noise
- Wireless mode: Unique to Triggertrap, this new Wi-Fi triggering technology enables photographers to leverage the range and speed of a Wi-fi network to control the dynamic features of the Triggertrap Mobile app wirelessly
The TriggerTrap supports up to 300 cameras and they are always adding more s new ones come out.
iOS app click here. Android App click here.
Click Here for Nikon Models: Nikon D3000, Nikon D3100, Nikon D3200, Nikon D5000, Nikon D5100, Nikon D7000, Nikon D90.
Click Here for Nikon Models: Nikon D3, Nikon D300, Nikon D300S, Nikon D3X, Nikon D3s, Nikon D4, Nikon D4, Nikon D700, Nikon D800, Nikon D800 E, Older cameras (launched before 2006) that use this cable: FujiFilm S3 Pro, FujiFilm S5 Pro, Kodak DCS Pro 14n, Nikon D1, Nikon D100, Nikon D1H, Nikon D1X, Nikon D2, Nikon D200, Nikon D2H, Nikon D2HS, Nikon D2X, Nikon D2XS.
Click here For Canon Models: EOS 1D C, EOS 1D X, EOS 1D mk III, EOS 1D mk IV, EOS 1Ds mk2, EOS 1Ds mk3, EOS 40D, EOS 50D, EOS 5D mk II, EOS 5D mk III, EOS 7D, EOS 10D, EOS 1D, EOS 1D mk II, EOS 1D mk II N, EOS 1Ds, EOS 20D, 20Da, EOS 5D, EOS D30, EOS D60, Kodak DSC-530
Click Here For Canon Models: Canon EOS 1000D, Canon EOS 1100D, Canon EOS 450D, Canon EOS 500D, Canon EOS 550D, Canon EOS 600D, Canon EOS 60D, Canon EOS 60Da, Canon EOS 650D, Canon Kiss F Digital, Canon Kiss X2, Canon Kiss X3, Canon Kiss X4, Canon Kiss X5, Canon Kiss X50, Canon Kiss X6, Canon PowerShot G1 X, Canon PowerShot G10, Canon PowerShot G11, Canon PowerShot G12, Canon Rebel T1i, Canon Rebel T2i, Canon Rebel T3, Canon Rebel T3i, Canon Rebel T4i, Canon Rebel XS, Canon Rebel XSi,
Click Here For Hasselblad Models: Hasselblad H4D-200MS, Hasselblad H4D-31, Hasselblad H4D-40, Hasselblad H4D-50, Hasselblad H4D-50MS, Hasselblad H4D-60.
Click Here For Pentax Models: Pentax 645D, Pentax K-30, Pentax K-30, Pentax K-5, Pentax K-7, Pentax K-m, Pentax K100D Super, Pentax K200D, Pentax K20D
Click Here For Samsung Models: Samsung GX-20, Samsung NX-10, Samsung NX-100, Samsung NX-11, Samsung NX-5